What is Pilates?
- An exercise system developed by Joseph Pilates in the early part of the 20th century
- Strengthens muscles, especially the core
- Increases flexibility and improves balance/coordination
- Decreases stress and increases overall health
- Performed with attention to the breath to keep awareness on what movement is being made, improve the flow of oxygen and improve the capacity of the lungs
- Focuses on proper form and movement patterns in order to learn how to move better through every day life